Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Shakeology, the beginning

Shakeology Nutritional Journal:
Monday April 9th, 2012:
                                Today I started using Shakeology.  When I read the instructions, I saw use one cup of mixture, so that is exactly what I did, got a measuring cup out and poured in one cup then added that into the blender.  It certainly seemed like a lot.  I was unsure what proportions to use of the milk and ice, so I used quite a lot.  I also added a scoop of peanut butter.  After I had blended the mixture together, I realized that I used too much; the blender was still pretty full.  I couldn’t even put the entire shake in my cup, and it was a rather large cup.  The initial taste was different than I expected, I couldn’t tell if I liked the product or not.  I just continued to try and drink it though.  I maybe got ¼ of the drink finished because it was so much and extremely thick!  I ended up pouring a majority of it into the sink.  Because I didn’t finish the whole thing, I was feeling pretty hungry around 10:30 (I drank the shake at 7:00 after I worked out).  Tomorrow I am going to try to do it a little different so I can finish the whole thing.  Hopefully I won’t be hungry so early next time.
Tuesday April 10th, 2012
                                I looked up online different recipes and they had all sorts of recommendations.  Today I simply added a banana instead of peanut butter.  I definitely liked the banana better than the peanut butter.  I used a little less than the full scoop provided in the Shakeology, about a cup and a half of ice and a little less than that for the milk; plus the banana.  I could actually drink this more easily this time around, probably because I used a more manageable amount of mixture.  The shake was very good today; and let me be the first to say that I am usually skeptical when people tell me that.  Typically they make me gag and I can take just a few sips before I am finished.

 It is now 10:30 and I am still content, not feeling any hunger urges; though that will more than likely change in the next hour.  I think it would be wise to get some small snacking items like nuts, fruit of vegetables for a post shake, pre-lunch snack. 
 It is now 11:55 and I am starting to feel hungry. 
Thursday April 12th, 2012
                                Made the shake with a banana again at 6:50 and finished by 7:05. I would say that 15 minutes for making and finishing breakfast is a pretty good time.  Considering I typically would make a breakfast burrito with egg, turkey and cheese, and then have to clean the pans and everything afterwards.  I didn’t bring a snack for the day; let’s see how my stomach holds up this morning. 
Friday April 13th, 2012
                                Today I had peanut butter with Shakeology. I am adding a spoonful but I do really not taste much peanut butter at all; next time I am going to add more to get more of that taste.  I honestly like this stuff and I am looking forward to continuing this as part of my routine.   Now it is 10:00 and I am still not hungry yet. 

Monday April 16, 2012
                                Went for the peanut butter option again today and still could not taste it.  I put two scoops in this time and I don’t feel like it was successful.  I really just need to try it without anything so I can really see what the difference is.  I have discovered something today with the Shakeology, having it in the morning before you shower is a good recommendation.  I found that the cup I am drinking it out of is a very wide mouth.  Drinking the shake out of that particular cup gets it all around my lips and even occasionally on my nose.  I would recommend either drinking it out of a narrow mouthed cup, using a straw (which may be difficult and more time consuming) or just not caring and take a shower after you finish so you can wash your face.  This is my second week on the stuff and I am feeling pretty good, once again, only taking it after the days I am working out.  Still not feeling hungry at 11 like I have in the past.  
Tuesday April 17, 2012
                                Took the plunge today and had my shake with water, straight water.  I was very nervous about it because I typically want the creaminess of the milk with a shake like that.  Using water instead of milk was pretty good, not as good as milk, but if you want to lower the calorie intake, water is definitely the way to go.  Some points of the mixture tasted fine, but then others weren’t as good.  Maybe I didn’t blend it enough?  I am not too sure why the taste wasn’t consistent; next I will have to do the water with banana and peanut butter.  My goal with this is so I can better explain the tastes of each form of the shake. 

No comments:

Post a Comment